17 Spins! So far!
It’s time for another Classics Spin!
What is the spin?
It’s easy. At your blog, before next Friday, March 9th, create a post to list your choice of any twenty books that remain “to be read” on your Classics Club list.
This is your Spin List. You have to read one of these twenty books by the end of the year (details to follow). Try to challenge yourself. For example, you could list five Classics Club books you are dreading/hesitant to read, five you can’t WAIT to read, five you are neutral about, and five free choice (favorite author, re-reads, ancients — whatever you choose.)
On Friday, March 9th, we’ll post a number from 1 through 20. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by April 30, 2018. We’ll check in here in May to see who made it the whole way and finished their spin book!
Do you have that?
- Go to your blog.
- Pick twenty books that you’ve got left to read from your Classics Club List.
- Try to challenge yourself: list five you are dreading/hesitant to read, five you can’t WAIT to read, five you are neutral about, and five free choice (favorite author, re-reads, ancients — whatever you choose.)
- Post that list, numbered 1-20, on your blog before Friday, March 9th.
- That morning (3/9), we’ll announce a number from 1-20. Go to the list of twenty books you posted, and select the book that corresponds to the number we announce.
- The challenge is to read that book by April 30, even if it’s an icky one you dread! (No fair not listing any scary ones!)
As usual, this is all for fun and, of course, the “rules” are, as always, very relaxed. Really, you can make up your own rules. We don’t actually care. Just play along with us and read a classic!
So, today (or any time this week) at your blog, you might post something like:
My Book Spin List for the Classics Club –
- Jane Eyre
- Pride and Prejudice
- Crime and Punishment
- Oliver Twist
- Gone With the Wind
- Emerson’s Collected Essays
- Richard III
- The Iliad
- Jude the Obscure
- Leaves of Grass
- The Monk
- The Importance of Being Earnest
- Sense & Sensibility
- The Tempest
- The Diary of Anne Frank
- Paradise Lost
- Pilgrim’s Progress
(Obviously, YOU choose what books you want to list, in what order.)
Next Friday, we will announce a number from 1 through 20. When we announce it, go to your Spin list. Find that number, and read the book listed for that number by April 30.
So, if (for example) we announce #2 — if the above list was your Spin List, you’d have to read Pride and Prejudice by April 30.
Make sense? As always, the prize is the reading experience. When we announce the number next Friday, come back and tell us your spin title — weeee! Anybody in? If so, you can link to your spin lists below.
– the Club