Rachel at The Edge of the Precipice invites you to join her in a read-along of Sense and Sensibility that begins March 1st.
Fanda at Fanda Classiclit is hosting her 8th annual Zoladdiction event in April.
What’s in Zoladdiction 2021? From Fanda’s blog:
- This year I encourage you to go beyond reading.
- Yes, we will still read Zola, but during April we can also share/post/tweet/talk about just any thing that is related to Zola. A book you’re reading reminds you of Zola? Share it! Found Zola’s quote/picture on Pinterest? Share it! Watched movie about Zola? Share it! Anything at all.
- If you chose to read quietly, it’s OK. You can pick one of Zola’s works, or Zola’s biography, or any books about Zola by other writers.
- To participate, simply leave comment, or mention me on Twitter, using hashtag #Zoladdiction2021, and tell me your plan for Zoladdiction (it might inspire others).
- If you blog about your participation, leave the link in comment box here.
2021 (All Year)
For the eighth year, Karen at Books and Chocolate is hosting the Back to the Classics Challenge, a year-long challenge in which participants are encouraged to finally read the classics they’ve always meant to read — or just recently discovered. At the end of the year, one lucky winner will receive a prize $30 (US) in books from the bookstore of their choice. Take a look at Karen’s sign-up post on Books and Chocolate for more details about the challenge.
If you’re a Classics Clubber and you would like to sharing information about a classics event, fill in the contact form here. Please let us know the start and end date for the event, some details, and a link to the home site. It’s fine to do this whether you’re the host of the event or simply want to share one you’ve discovered, as long as you’re a clubber. (Also check out any events our members on Twitter may have tweeted about at hashtag #cceventsched.) 🙂 – The Club