Good morning, Clubbers!
It’s time for another Classics Spin for any who are interested. What is the spin?
It’s easy. At your blog, by next Monday, Feb 10, list your choice of any twenty books you’ve left to read from your Classics Club list — in a separate post.
This is your Spin List. You have to read one of these twenty books in February & Marchr. (Details follow.) So, try to challenge yourself. For example, you could list five Classics Club books you are dreading/hesitant to read, five you can’t WAIT to read, five you are neutral about, and five free choice (favorite author, rereads, ancients — whatever you choose.)
Next Monday, we’ll post a number from 1 through 20. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by April 2. We’ll have a check in here in April, to see who made it the whole way and finished the spin book.
Do you have that?
- Go to your blog.
- Pick twenty books that you’ve got left to read from your Classics Club List.
- Try to challenge yourself: list five you are dreading/hesitant to read, five you can’t WAIT to read, five you are neutral about, and five free choice (favorite author, rereads, ancients — whatever you choose.)
- Post that list, numbered 1-20, on your blog by next Monday.
- Monday morning, we’ll announce a number from 1-20. Go to the list of twenty books you posted, and select the book that corresponds to the number we announce.
- The challenge is to read that book by April 2, even if it’s an icky one you dread reading! (No fair not listing any scary ones!)
Ha ha!😀 All for fun, and of course, the “rules” are, as always, very relaxed. Really, you can make up your own rules. We don’t actually care.😛
So, today (any time this week) at your blog, you might post something like:
My Book Spin list for the Classics Club –
- Jane Eyre
- Pride and Prejudice
- Crime and Punishment
- Oliver Twist
- CLARISSA (yikes!)
- Gone With the Wind
- Ulysses (Ugh!)
- Emerson’s Collected Essays
- Richard III
- The Iliad
- Jude the Obscure
- Leaves of Grass
- The Monk
- The Importance of Being Earnest
- Sense & Sensibility
- The Tempest
- The Diary of Anne Frank
- Paradise Lost
- Pilgrim’s Progress
(Obviously, YOU choose what books you want to list, in what order.)
Next Monday, we will announce a number from 1 through 20. When we announce it, go to your Spin list. Find that number, and read the book listed for that number by April 2.
So, if (for example) we announce #9 — if the above list was your Spin List, you’d have to read Richard III by April 2.
Make sense? Don’t get bogged down by rules and details! Free free to rebelliously break the rules at your leisure.
As always, the prize is the reading experience.🙂
When we announce the number next Monday, come tell us your title — ha!
Anybody in? If so, you can link to your spin lists below. Happy week!
Twitter hashtag: #ccspin
– the Club