Just a gentle reminder, for new folks and seasoned clubbers: remember the most important part of our club (minus the classics, obviously!) is the library we are building as a group. We are a veritable Smithsonian of blogger travelogues in literature!
Since there are over three hundred of us now (!!), it might be easy to get lost in our crowd.
If you’re feeling like a lonely Call-Me-Ishmael in a sea of classics readers (what?), remember to comment upon some of our members’ posts listed in the review list, or just scroll down the member list and meet some new friends. Most of our members would love a visit, and many would return the visit by visiting you.
We’re saying — be like Ahab. Go out and get that whale!
(We’d apologize for the sea-faring parts of this post, but we all make random nineteenth century literary references now, right? right? Okay, we’re sorry.)
Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people’s hats off–then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can.
We assume no explanation for a bookish quote is necessary. Ever.
Anyway. Don’t forget to mingle. We hope your reading is excellent this week. 🙂
Also please note: We’ve created some club hashtags for our members on Twitter:
- #ccintroductions (Introduce yourself to the group on Twitter, if you like.)
- #ccbookreviews (Share your latest club review on Twitter.)
- #cceventsched (Community events.)
- #ccreadingupdate (Group check-ins/reading updates.)
- #ccmeme (The monthly meme.)
- #ccspin (The Classics Spin.)
- #ccdiscussions (Occasional group discussions.)
- #ccsyncread (Sync Reads. To be announced in a couple weeks.)
- #ccreadathon (Classics Club Readathon.)
- #theclassicsclub (Miscellaneous club tweets.)
These are located in the sidebar now. Feel free to use them to synchronize your tweets with other club members. Or click above to find some of us chatting on Twitter. The Sync Reads feature will be announced in the weeks to come, so the hashtag isn’t in use yet, as of this posting.
– the club